2015년 2월 28일 토요일

Sociological Images: Seeing Is Believing

Posted: 28 Feb 2015 06:25 AM PST
SocImages News:
You like!  Here are our most appreciated posts this month:
We had one BIG winner this month! In “Where Do Negative Stereotypes about Feminists Come From,” I collected some pre-1920s anti-suffrage propaganda that revealed that stereotypes about feminists are 100 years old or more.  It got 5,200 likes here onSocImages and 16,250 notes on our Tumblr. Thanks everybody!
Editor’s pick:
My favorite was the one about tomatoes.
Upcoming Lectures and Appearances:
  • If anyone’s going to MSS this year, I’d love to say “hi”! I’ll be giving a plenary on March 27th titled “Doing Public Sociology: Notes from a Practitioner.”
  • Afterward I’ll be dropping by to the University of Missouri, Columbia to give a talk on hookup culture. Drop me a line if you’d like to meet up!
Follow us!
Finally…
I’ve started a little side project. Just a place to store and collect my thoughts about New Orleans. Most of what’s on there now has already been posted here, and I can’t promise that won’t be the case for what comes next. But if you’d like to follow along, please be my guest. It’s part of my long-term fantasy of writing a social science-inspired guidebook to the city. You know, for nerds.2 (1)
Lisa Wade is a professor of sociology at Occidental College and the co-author of Gender: Ideas, Interactions, Institutions. You can follow her on Twitter and Facebook.(View original at http://thesocietypages.org/socimages)

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기