2015년 1월 1일 목요일

Poem of the Day: The New Year

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here to view it in your web browser.
Poetry FoundationPoem of the Day

1 / 1 / 2015

Poem of the Day: The New Year

BY JASON SHINDER
I will dive to the bottom of the hotel pool and find my mother's hairpin.
 
With the mouth of a drowning woman on my lap,
I will add her breath to mine. In the dark, I will lay the thin white sheet
 
of the moonlight over the blue plums of my wife's breasts.
 
With the new planet I discovered just when I thought I was losing my sight,
I will love another man because I will be a woman.
 
Everything important will never as yet have happened. Let it happen.
 
I will throw a lit match on the secrets my body
has kept from me and stand in the fire. The people I have sawed in half
 
will appear in my bedroom mirror, getting dressed.

Jason Shinder, "The New Year" from Stupid Hope. Copyright © 2009 by Jason Shinder. Reprinted by permission of Graywolf Press, www.graywolfpress.org

Source: Stupid Hope (Graywolf Press, 2009)

JASON SHINDER

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기