2015년 1월 1일 목요일

The Latest from Boing Boing

Books can change the world
Rick KleffelAn Argument that books can change the world and nine from 2014 have the potential to do so; including Karen Armstrong, Roz Chast, Cory Doctorow, Richard Ford, William Gibson, Jake Halpern, Michael Katakis, Thomas Piketty,and Lawrence Wright.
Read the rest...
Citizenfour: all it's cracked up to be and more
I've been travelling continuously since September, and that means that despite my best efforts, I haven't been able to see Citizenfour, Laura Poitras's storied Edward Snowden documentary -- until last night.
Read the rest...
Downpour.com: audiobooks without the DRM
I love audiobooks, but I hate DRM (actually, I think it's an existential threat to humanity), and since Audible requires all its books to be sold with DRM (even when the publishers object), that's left me with limited options -- until 2014, when I discovered Downpour.
Read the rest...
Lynda Barry’s irresistible lesson plan for “drawing the unthinkable”

Professor Lynda Barry has been on a roll of late. First, she published her astonishing and inspired writing-workshop-in-a-book, What It Is.
Read the rest...
Burn water in your car

I thought that water was already burnt. But I just learned we could have all been driving water-burning cars, if not for the oil cartels who suppressed this amazing invention, introduced in theMay 1950 issue of Popular Science.
[via]
Read the rest...
WATCH: Designer uses nose and lips instead of hands
Michelle Vandy gets severe arm pain when she uses her hands to do design work. She solved the problem by putting a trackpad on a small tripod and using her nose and lips to make her designs.
Read the rest...

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기