2015년 2월 26일 목요일

What Bad Management Looks Like

the key difference between leaders and managers
Like
Tweet
Forward
+1
Share
The key difference between leaders and managers: leaders know how to handle their fear.

Notice I didn't say: leaders are not afraid.

They are. Leaders just don't let the fear of not being liked, the fear of failure, etc, get in their way.

One of the best arguments for taming your lizard brain there is, I think.
Yes! Gapingvoid will be at SXSW '15
Just a note to say that yes, the gapingvoid team will be at South By Southwest Interactive, this March in Austin, Texas.

It’s our first time back since 2012 and we’re really excited to be going. We’ll have booths at both the main Interactive trade show (booth 419) and the new medical trade show (at the JW Marriot, SX Health and MedTech Expo, booth 215). Come on by!

I shall attend both booths back-and-forth, and should be easy to find- you can always ping me on Twitter personally at @hughcartoons or the team at@gapingvoid.

I’m also giving my first big keynote at SXSW (a real honor, I have to say), the subject being, “How Art Affects Strategy”.

A big obsession (actually, the main obsession) of the Gapingvoid team is how art can affect business outcomes in the real world. The means not just the usual advertising, PR and internal comms, but everything, in its totality.

It’s a huge subject, it’s an increasingly exciting field and too few entrepreneurs and managers know of its full potential. Gapingvoid's long-term mission is to change that, and my talk is part of the process. I hope to see you there on Monday, March 16th at 5.00pm.

[Without giving too much away, the photo above is some index card notes I’m making on my talk. For those of us who aspire to be successful, the relationship between art and business has never been more important. The point of my talk is to A. make you concur and B. help you apply it to your own business, regardless of what your day job is.]

Looking forward!

PS. We'll be doing some cool stuff, some giveaways, etc, so stay tuned. If you want the latest, you can sign up for our SXSW email list: sign up for Medtech here; sign up for SXSW Interactive Booth here.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기